Types of Samples
HMSIB offers different human milk sample types to meet a variety of research needs. These include:
- Samples pumped at the donor’s home. Samples are pumped at the donor’s home before being shipped to the HMSIB, where they are aliquoted and transferred to a -80°C freezer.
- Samples pumped onsite and immediately processed. These samples are pumped directly at the HMSIB before being prepared, described below:
- Frozen in a -80°C freezer without further manipulation.
- Supernatant resulting from centrifugation of fresh human milk without further manipulation.
- Cellular component resulting from centrifugation of fresh human milk with RNALater added.
- Other samples available upon request.